Sunday, January 17, 2010

I can't believe I just blogged...

So, here we are...the Maughans, or the Menzzz depending on who you are. We have talked about doing this for a while now, but never really set up a blog. Sonia kept coming up with names that I wouldn't wipe my backside with if I could...and I don't remember who came up with Maughan-ologues, but seeing as how we are both into theatre I thought it a nice fit. Now here you have it...our lives on display for you to enjoy...or not, it's totally up to you.

Life is pretty crazy right now. I am playing Oscar in The Odd Couple, which starts in less than a week, and Sonia is singing her a$$ off in a karaoke competition at Club Allure.

My show starts Januray 22nd, and runs every Friday, Saturday, and Monday until February 13th. I have really enjoyed learning to play this part. It is funny because the roll is so similar to other rolls I have played, yet very different...if that makes sense. The show is playing at The Empress Theatre in Magna, and this is my second show there. I did a Christmas musical revue there over the holidays, and met some great people and made some good friends, so I am happy to be performing there again. After the show is over, I think I am going to take another break. There are not a whole lot of shows that I am interested in auditioning for this year, so maybe I'll take this hiatus time and lose weight...that would be nice.

Sonia is in the finals of a karaoke competition at Club Allure. She is pulling out all the stops for her next performance, and trust me you will not want to miss it. Come down and cheer her on at Club Allure (8925 Harrison Street, Sandy, UT ) on Wednesday January 20th at 7:30! Enjoy some very talented singers, a great kitchen, and $2 martinis!!! Hope you can make it!!!

Well there you are, my first blog post! I feel so hip and trendy!!! That's it...I'm outta here...I gotta get ready for karaoke!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you've got a blog! Welcome to the dark side, friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when are you going to blog again? Come on now, you know you want to. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you are blogging Menz.

    ReplyDelete